Working closely with the student, parent/guardian, educational specialist, and/or diagnostician the ILD can assess the individual student's level of academic ability; allowing the program to provide the necessary services to ensure the best possible outcomes for academic success at Thomas More College. With the creation of an individual learning plan, the strategic learning specialists can provide students with the tools needed to meet the academic demands of college. Thomas More College provides a caring supportive community focusing on student development and success which allows our students to thrive as they work to reach their full academic potential.
While the program is designed for students who have a primary diagnosis of ADHD, language-based learning disability, or ASD yet have otherwise normal intellectual ability it may serve other qualified students.
Services may include:
- Strategic Learning Specialist Support
- Individualized Learning Plan
- Executive Function Skills Development
- Academic Support Services/Professional Tutoring
- Social Skills Development
- Self-Advocacy Coaching
- Educational Assistive Technology
- Life Skills Development
- Learning Communities
- Academic Monitoring/Early Intervention System
*Services are fee-based and contingent upon enrollment into the program. Accommodations with the compliance of section 504 of the Rehabilitation act are offered to all qualified students at no additional charge.
Amy Osborne, Director
Institute for Learning Differences
Thomas More College
333 Thomas More Parkway
Crestview Hills, KY 41017
* Accommodations in compliance with section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are offered to the student at no charge. Please see disability services or contact email@example.com for more information.