The Humanities program studies the nature and challenges of the human condition through a broad and well-rounded interdisciplinary educational experience. The College offers both a bachelor and an associate major in Humanities.
Majors in the Humanities B.A. fulfill the core requirement in computer literacy by demonstrating proficiency in the use of a standard word processor to prepare a senior research paper. Majors in the Humanities A.A. meet this requirement through the standards of their B.A. program or by using a word processor to do a paper in a Humanities course.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN HUMANITIES
- Core Course (3 hours): COM 450
- Humanities Electives (33 total hours): 6 hours each from Art History or Theatre, English, History, Foreign Language, and Philosophy, plus 3 hours from Theology. All courses must be beyond fulfillment of the core requirements and at least at the 200-level with 6 hours from the 300-400 level.
- Senior Research (3 hours): ENG 405, HIS 497, THE 409, or an independent study consisting of interdisciplinary work with readers from two Humanities disciplines.
- Associate's degree in another discipline.
- Required Course (3 hours): COM 450
- Humanities Electives (18 total hours): 3 hours each from Art History or Theatre, English, History, Foreign Language, Philosophy, and Theology. All courses must be beyond fulfillment of the core requirements and at least at the 200-level.