Campus Safety Officer
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Rob Marshall, Director of Campus Security
Thomas More College, located in Crestview Hills, KY in the Greater Cincinnati area, is a small, private liberal arts Catholic college. The Safety Officer reports to the Director of Campus Safety, and is responsible for the safety and security of students, visitors, and employees as well as the safety and security of the campus facilities. Campus Safety Officers are defined as emergency essential personnel and as such are subject to recall to help deal with any problems that arise.
- Ability to handle conflict and crisis situations
- Good listener
- Excellent customer service skills with students, guests and faculty/staff
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Work well independently and as a team
- Professional relationship with local authorities
Principal Duties & Activities
- A Safety Officer is responsible for the efficient performance of his/her duties in conformity with the policies of the department and the regulations set forth in the TMC Staff Manual/Student Handout.
- A Safety Officer’s working hours will be set by the Supervisor’ but are subject to change as conditions dictate.
- Responsible for:
- Protection of life and property
- Prevention and suppression of crime
- Enforcement of College regulations to include Student Handbook
- Patrol parking lots
- Responding to calls for assistance
- Promptly report all light outages.
- Note and report any and all conditions which adversely affect the appearance, safety and health of the TMC community.
- Security patrols of campus.
- Provide safety escorts.
- Enforce parking rules and regulations.
- Respond to medical calls and fire alarms.
- Maintain department log and shift incident reports.
- Assist with vehicular and pedestrian traffic, particularly for special events.
- Perform any and all other duties prescribed by the Supervisor, for example, lawn care & maintenance assistance during slow times.
Education: A High School diploma or GED
Experience: Previous experience preferred but not required
This position is full time, must be available for various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Director of Campus Safety, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017.