Dean of Students
|To Apply:||Send resume, cover letter, and reference contact information to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
Thomas More College, located in Crestview Hills, KY in the Greater Cincinnati area, is a small, private liberal arts Catholic college. We are seeking a full-time Dean of Students. With the appropriate level of experience and/or education, we will also consider resumes for Vice President of Student Life.
The Dean of Students reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs. The primary purpose of this position is to develop a universal and comprehensive student life department that creates opportunities for the intellectual, athletic, social, and spiritual development of Thomas More College students. The Dean will create and encourage team work and collaboration among all divisions of the College.
Core Competency Skills Required
- Proven skills in conflict resolution.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and personal skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Must show evidence of ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrates strong decision making skills and self-assurance.
- Fiscal stewardship.
- Excellent written, oral, and listening skills.
- Oversee all facets of the student development program and supervise all staff members/student workers including: student activities, residence life, health center, diversity & inclusion, campus ministry, intramural sports, new student orientation, student conduct, clubs & organizations student development, and Greek Life.
- Manage all residence hall facilities. Ensure high level of student engagement and social interaction. Oversee compliance with campus and external regulations.
- Develop policies, procedures and programming to ensure the intellectual, social & spiritual development of the student body.
- Serve as the chief judicial affairs officer. Advise the student judicial board. Implement code of conduct. Maintain all judicial records.
- Serve on the President’s Cabinet representing the interests of the students and ensuring the mission and vision of the administration is communicated to the student body.
- Serve as the Student Grievance Officer referring students to appropriate resources and addressing student needs.
- Work closely with the Department of Campus Safety to develop a safe campus environment for all students.
- Serve on the student success team and crisis management teams.
- Respond to crisis situation on campus and support recovery efforts.
- Advise the Greek Life system.
- Develop and maintain a multi-year, comprehensive student life calendar.
- Advise the Student Government Association.
- Develop, assess and administer the alcohol events policy.
- Oversee development and implementation of freshman orientation; develop and implement annual welcome week activities.
- Develop and implement diversity programming, and coordination of services for international students.
- Coordinate with faculty members to collaborate on programming efforts.
- Participate in staff development workshops and seminars.
- Represent the department on College and community committees.
- Primary investigator for Title IX issues. Works with the Title IX Officer to resolve complaints, create awareness, and education students.
- Direct the preparation and management of a budget within institutional parameters.
- Work with the Student Life team to develop extra-curricular programming and service opportunities.
- Oversee annual revisions of student handbook.
Master’s degree required in counseling, student affairs or a related field.
Prefers 3-5 years of increasingly responsible experience in student services in a higher education setting.