Coordinator of Career Planning
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
Thomas More College, located in Crestview Hills, KY in the Greater Cincinnati area, is a small, private liberal arts Catholic college. The Coordinator of Career Planning will provide services that guide and teach students the process of career development, effective career decision-making, evaluating interests, values, and workforce readiness. In addition, will advise students in the process of choosing a college major and career preparation.
- Ability to establish working relationships with students, faculty, staff and community resources.
- Be a positive and professional role model for students.
- Strong writing, computer and communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust work schedule to meet the needs of the program.
- Knowledge of the career and occupational resources, trends, and opportunities.
- Knowledge of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong Interest Inventory or other Career Assessments/Interest Inventories.
- Experience in Higher Education.
- Knowledge of college entrance requirements and procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Individual Career Counseling, Assessment and Advising.
- Individual and group sessions on job search strategies, resume writing,cover letter creation, interviewing techniques and online career resources.
- Advise students in choosing/switching a college major.
- Assist students with the process of attending graduate school.
- Conduct mock interviews with students and alumni.
- Maintain and update Career Resources – to include information on career opportunities, employment prospects, graduate schools and graduate admissions test materials, current college catalogs, career planning and job search and online career resources.
- Create and deliver classroom presentations to promote the Career Planning Center.
- Deliver seminars and workshops on career planning topics.
- Oversee and maintain the Career Planning website.
- Coach students and alumni on career readiness and professionalism in the workplace.
- Track student and alumni numbers and outcomes.
- Assist with completing the Career Planning annual report.
- Inform students of job opportunities and experiential learning opportunities.
- Serve all currently enrolled students and alumni.
- Participate in events such as Registration, Orientation, Graduation, Senior Banquet, etc.
- Responsible for all campus programming and initiatives for the career planning office.
- Maintain the Career Planning bulletin board.
- Serve as a support and back-up for Academic Support Services Programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Licensed to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) or Strong Interest Inventory a plus.
Experience: Previous experience in Career Planning or 3-5 years of work experience in a related field.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and reference list to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Director of Human Resources, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017.