Women's Lacrosse Coach
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com|
|Contact:||Terry Connor, Athletic Director
The head coach for the women’s lacrosse program will be responsible for the start-up and success of the Thomas More College lacrosse program. Duties include: coaching, recruiting, scheduling, coordination of team travel, camp and clinic development, and hiring and supervision of assistant coaches/interns. Some additional duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. This position is full time.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a program of athlete recruitment commensurate with the aims and goals of Thomas More College and appropriate for a member of the NCAA, Division III.
- Plan and coordinate practice and game plans for intercollegiate competition.
- Determine policies and procedures for team selection and athlete participation.
- Make recommendations about game schedules and budget for the team.
- Track the academic progress of the women’s lacrosse student-athletes and provide appropriate advice and assistance to help insure the successful completion of each players stated program of study.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program to raise funds necessary to offset expenses associated for non-budgeted expenses and spring training trips.
- Organize community service projects for the women’s lacrosse team players to complete per the mission of the NCAA and the Thomas More College Athletic Department.
- Evaluate game officials as required.
- A thorough understanding of the rules and regulations governing women’s lacrosse competition at the collegiate level and adhere to the rules and standards established by Thomas More College, and the Presidents’ Athletic Conference and the NCAA (Division III).
- Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Experience in coaching intercollegiate lacrosse desired.
The intercollegiate athletic program at Thomas More College provides competition in 19 sports (9 for men and 10 for women) and is a member of the NCAA Division III and the Presidents’ Athletic Conference.
Founded in 1921, Thomas More College serves approximately 1,900 full-and part-time students from across the country and around the world on its beautiful campus in Crestview Hills, Kentucky, just minutes from downtown Cincinnati. For more information, go to our website at www.thomasmore.edu
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and 3 letters of reference to Director of Athletics, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017, or email firstname.lastname@example.org