Director of College Communications & Public Relations
|To Apply:||Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact:||Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources
Thomas More College, located in Crestview Hills, KY in the Greater Cincinnati area is a small, private liberal arts Catholic college. We are seeking a full time Director of Communications & Public Relations.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a communications and public relations program to enhance the College’s image and position within the marketplace. This includes publications brochures, web site content, external print materials and media relations.
- Serve as editor of Moreover, the College’s alumni magazine. Work closely with Art Director on art direction and assign all stories. Serve as primary writer and coordinate mailing and distribution of publication.
- Serve as media spokesperson for the College. Advise and consult with the President of the College as well as the Vice President of Institutional Advancement in regards to controversial issues that may have public relations ramifications to the College.
- Assist the President of Thomas More College with the drafting of letters and speeches, as well as video shoots and media presentations.
- Serve on the College’s Crisis Management Team and handle crisis communication duties during a potential emergency situation.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for communications and public relations programs and its activities. Track progress of plans and budget expenditures.
- Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to goals and objectives, and report progress to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
- Coordinate photo shoots and hire freelance photographers and videographers to capture important events and campus imagery to be used for various marketing materials including: the web site, the College alumni magazine, recruitment materials, development materials, athletic materials, academic materials, etc.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, or related field required. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations with increasing responsibilities and demonstrated track record of success. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent written, oral and listening skills.
- Knowledge of marketing communications functions including: social media, public and media relations, social media and advertising/publications.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in writing press releases, feature articles, making presentations and working closely with the media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Must show evidence of ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Demonstrates strong decision making skills and self-assurance.
To Apply: Email resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com, or mail to Laura Custer, Director of Human Resources, Thomas More College, 333 Thomas More Parkway, Crestview Hills, KY 41017.
For more information about Thomas More College, visit our website at www.thomasmore.edu.