Students are also able to pursue a self-initiated Bachelor of Arts in French by taking courses through the consortium.
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN SPANISH
- Spanish (43 hours): SPA 111 and 112 (or 101-102), 201, 202, 260, 303, 304, 306, 321, 331, 401, 411, 413, 431, 435.
- Recommended electives: COM 370, 215; HIS 435, 436, 437; MAT 208; SOC 381; ART 255; ENG 255; PHI 230, 235; THE 408, 255.
- Study Abroad: Students are required to study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country. Both summer and semester-long programs are available. The requirement may be fulfilled by attending our sister school, Universidad del Sagrado Corazon in Puerto Rico, or by completing a program approved by the Directory of Study Abroad. Please see the Director of International Studies for more information on these programs and on Financial Aid available for them.
- Computer literacy (3 hours): CIS 111
- Students must earn a C+ or better in all SPA courses.
- Students must complete one of the following assessments their senior year: Spanish: World Languages Praxis II exam, Spanish Language STAMP test, or ACTFL testing.
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN SPANISH
- 15 credit hours: SPA 260, 303, 304, 306, 401
- Students pursuing the associate's degree in Spanish are strongly encouraged to participate in a study/travel abroad program to a country where Spanish is a language of origin or where there is a significant Hispanic population. Please see the Director of International Studies for more information on these programs and on Financial Aid available for them.
- Students must finish the program with at least an average grade of C in all Spanish courses.
Students who have never before studied Spanish, or who had some Spanish five or more years ago should enroll in SPA 101. Those who have had one or two years of high school instruction in Spanish should enroll in SPA 111 or 201 â€“depending on language competency. Those students who have had three years of high school instruction in Spanish should register for SPA 201. Students who have studied Spanish for four or more years in high school should enroll in SPA 260.
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS IN FRENCH
- 15 credit hours beyond FRE 202: FRE 252, 301, 302 and two of the following: FRE 305, 352, 355