John Keys Kentucky S.A.L. Scholarship
Applicants must meet at least one (1) of the following requirements:
· Any honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Forces, without consideration for period or length of service, who is a legal resident of the Commonwealth of Kentucky OR
· Any member of the Kentucky Sons of The American Legion (any S.A.L. member who belongs to a Squadron in Kentucky), whose dues for the current membership year are paid. Eligibility requirements are detailed in this brochure.
How To Apply:
· All applicants must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution (verified by a letter from the institution confirming the applicant’s enrollment.)
· All applications must contain a true copy of:
If a Veteran, the applicant’s DD214 form
If a member of the Sons of The American Legion, the applicant’s current year
S.A.L. membership card
Most recent grade report
Enrollment verification letter
· Applicants are requested to provide a typewritten cover letter explaining their background, career objectives, current educational program and need for financial assistance.
Scholarship applications are accepted throughout the year and must be mailed to the following address:
John Keys S.A.L. Scholarship Fund
Independence Squadron 275, S.A.L.
P.O. Box 18791
Erlanger, KY 41018-0791
Applications are accepted year-round on an ongoing basis. Scholarship grants are awarded twice a year--on May 1 and November 1.