Gates Millenium Scholars
Deadline: January 15, 2014
- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian Pacific Islander American or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2012 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student’s application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student’s academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities(Recommender Form) by the deadline
How To Apply:
Submit the student application, nominator form, and recommender form.
Since only Pell-eligible students may receive this scholarship, you must file your FAFSA as soon as possible after January 1. You may also use the Fafsa4caster at www.studentaid.ed.gov to estimate before January 1 whether or not you may be Pell-eligible.