Loan Exit Counseling
All students who have borrowed Stafford Student Loans are required by the federal government to complete loan exit counseling upon graduation or upon dropping below half-time status. Exit counseling helps students plan for repayment of their Stafford Student Loans. The counseling informs student borrowers about loan repayment terms and options, loan consolidation, and ways to avoid loan default.
To complete loan exit counseling, visit www.studentloans.gov.
- Click the "SIGN IN" button on the top left.
- Sign in with your social security number, the first two letters of your last name, your date of birth, and your FAFSA PIN number.
- If you forget your PIN, visit www.pin.ed.gov and select “Request a Duplicate PIN” to retrieve it.
- Click on: "Complete Counseling."
- Click on the far right column: "Exit Counseling."
Loan exit counseling may also be completed in person in the financial aid office. Contact the Thomas More Office of Financial Aid with questions or to schedule an in-person counseling session.
Office of Financial Aid