REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICS
AND ASSOCIATE OR ARTS IN MATHEMATICS
*for Pre-Engineering Students
- Physics (30 hours): PHY 141/141L, 142/142L, 241/241L, 242, 251, 311, 312, 321, 322
- Mathematics (25 hours): MAT 151, 152, 201, 202, 220, 310; MAT 340 or 303
- Supporting Courses (6 hours): CHE 111, 113; CHE 111L and 113L labs recommended
- Engineering (15 hours): Students must transfer the following coursework back to Thomas More College:
- 15 hours of engineering courses from an ABET-accredited engineering school
- and enough college credit to satisfy the requirement of 128 credit hours
- Students must earn a C or better in all major and support courses required for the major to graduate. If a student receives a C- or worse in a course, that course must be retaken, which may delay subsequent coursework.
- Students meet the Core Requirement in computer literacy by mastering skills integrated into required courses in the Physics curriculum. Beginning with the first courses in Physics, students will develop skills in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.