Education is the study of how we teach, learn, and develop knowledge, values, skills, and dispositions. Recognizing the advantage that can be derived from the study of education in all aspects of one’s life helps create a life long learner.
Those not seeking certification but wishing to pursue studies in education, should consult with an Education advisor to design a curricular plan suited to their background and anticipated needs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BACCALAUREATE MAJOR IN EDUCATIONAL STUDIES
- Education (18 hours): 18 credit hours from among EDU 101, 201, 202, 205, 210, 215, 216, 305, 310, 317, 355 (with written permission of the advisor), 360, 410, ART 221, EDU/ENG 212, ENG 320, MUS 231 and PHE 105
- Supporting Courses (15 hours): 15 credit hours in other academic areas at the 300- or 400-level
- Computer Literacy: fulfilled by demonstrating proficiency as determined in EDU 101
- Experiential Learning
NOTE: The Education Department strongly recommends that BAES candidates also earn the equivalent of an Associate degree in another academic area.
- Activities Director
- Admissions Counselor
- Career Services Director
- Day-Care Center Director/Owner
- Educational Advocate
- Training and Development Coordinator