How to Register with Support Services
Registration with Academic Student Support Services (ASSS) is the first step in receiving accommodations or other programs offered by the office. It is important that you register each semester and that you keep your documentation on file and current with regards to you specific disability.
The types of disabilities ASSS is regularly associated with are listed below in Disabilities.
The steps involved in registering with ASSS require you to:
- Forward all available documentation related to the student's disability and, if applicable, a history of accommodations received in previous educational environments to ASSS at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled appointment.
- Call ASSS at 859.334.3507 or come in person to the Administration Building, Room 333 to schedule an appointment to discuss academic support services.
- If making an initial appointment, students should provide a brief description relevant to their disability so that the meeting can be properly prepared in terms of forms and potential accommodations offered.
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment to fill out additional paperwork.
- Meet with the Coordinator of Academic Support Services to discuss accommodations services that are available from ASSS and other University offices and what academic, programmatic and/or physical accommodations might be appropriate.