College is a place with lots of opportunities. Starting college is an exciting time in your life that allows you to do a wide range of things. Below is a checklist of things you should do while at college.
- Fall Semester
- Get adjusted to college life. It's a lot different than high school.
- Study hard and start to look into different opportunities on campus.
- It's important to get involved on campus but academics should be your main focus.
- Buy a planner and use it through your college career.
- Spring Semester
- Start to get more involved on campus.
- TMC offers two club fairs so students can get information on finding a club or organization that interests them. Research what is available and consider joining one.
- Continue to work and study hard.
- Become more active in the club and organization that you joined.
- Have fun on campus and enjoy the different events.
- Do well in your classes.
- Pick up a work study job. It gives you a little money in your wallet and they work around classes.
- Look into studying abroad during your Christmas break. Thomas More College offers several trips such as Australia, England, and Ireland.
- Become an officer in your club or organization.
- Start thinking about your future plans and visit the Career Center to develop a plan for how to begin looking for employment or attending graduate school.
- Continue to do well in your classes.
- Become a high ranking officer in your club or organization.
- Take the M.C.A.T. or G.R.E. (if going to Graduate School)
- Apply to Graduate School or look for further employment.
- Enjoy your last year!!