Thomas More College accepts adult learners to the TAP undergraduate programs on the basis of their qualifications. Decisions for admission are based on previous academic records, appropriate work experience and potential in a college setting. Students may be accepted at two specific entry points:
0 to 47 Transferable Semester Hours
Students with no previous college up to the completion of 47 transferable hours may enter the Associates of Elected Studies in Management curriculum. This curriculum is presented in cohort-based format with classes meeting one night per week from 6 to 10 p.m. with a weekly project team commitment. Students may complete up to 31 hours in the TAP associates curriculum and complement their schedule with accelerated coursework through the Center for Adult and Professional Education.
48+ Transferable Semester Hours
Students who have completed at least 48 semester hours may enter the bachelor-completion program. The schedule allows a cohort group of 12-24 adults to move from one course to another every 5 to 7 weeks, by meeting from 6-10 p.m. one night per week with a weekly project team commitment. Individualized advising allows students to customize their graduation plan, allowing for program completion in as little as 24 months, depending on previous college experience.
Application and Evaluation Process
The following items must be included in the TAP application packet. Individual consideration will be given to the applicants who may not meet all the specific requirements. The college reserves the right to admit only students who hold promise of academic success. Withdrawal may be required should an applicant intentionally withhold or falsify pertinent information. Admission requirements are subject to change without notification.
- A completed TAP application. Applications are available through the TAP office and online.
- Official transcripts from all regionally accredited colleges or universities attended and from all institutions of higher learning. This includes documentation pertaining to CLEP or DANTES examinations, and military transcripts. Business-related training as verified by the American Council on Education (ACE) may be accepted if Thomas More College minimum scores are met. Individuals are expected to be in good academic standing with all institutions. Credentials submitted for admission become the property of Thomas More College.
- Proof of high school graduation (required only of students with little or no prior college experience).
- A current resume. A minimum of two years of professional, full-time work experience is required.
- An overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or better in previous college work. Only grades of "C" or above will transfer to Thomas More College.
- Students entering the BBA-completion program must possess proficiency in introductory algebra and complete an introductory economics course. Students must demonstrate through placement test, transfer work or current coursework an understanding of introductory algebra consistent with the GEC 099 course and have taken an introductory economics course consistent with ECO 105. Students may start the BBA core program before taking these prerequisites but must successfully complete the requirements within six months of enrollment in a cohort group. Any student who fails to fulfill this requirement may be subject to immediate administrative withdrawal from the program.
- TOEFL. International students should refer to the international student guidelines for specific information regarding TOEFL and other admission requirements.
Graduation is a special day. It is a single moment in time designed to focus on your accomplishment. To graduate from Thomas More's TAP program, you must meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative grade point average of a 2.0 in overall course work
- 128 or more total semester credit hours, distributed accordingly:
- 27 credits of liberal arts core requirements
- 63 credits Business Administration core
- Approximately 38 semester hours of elective credits
- Payment of all fees and tuition
- Completion of the ETS business subject test (for assessment purposes only). A minimum score is required.
- Approval of the Faculty and Board of Trustees, in accordance with the requirements above