Admissions at Thomas More College
Home > Student Life > Residence Life > Room Selection

Room Selection

Upper-class resident students have the opportunity to sign-up for campus housing in March of each year. Students are asked to complete a Housing Sign-up Form giving their first and second preference of building, and roommates for the next year. Assignments for returning students are completed and available during the first week of April. Transfer students or freshmen requested by upperclassmen as their roommate preference will assigned to a waiting list as current residents will have first priority.

New students or those that have not lived in the halls the previous semester may apply for housing at any time during the year. Applications are available from the Admissions Office or Residence Life Office. Once the application and room reservation deposit are received, a letter will be sent confirming receipt of the request. Applications are held on file in the order received and assignments for new students are completed in early June for the fall semester. Students can submit a roommate preference or provide information to the Residence Life Office to aid them in making roommate assignments.

Every attempt will be made to accommodate housing and roommate requests. The College reserves the right to make assignments, approve room change requests or require students to move to a different room if needed to achieve a more effective residence hall community.

Room cancelations for the fall semester should be done by June 1st and for the spring semester by December 1st. Room cancelations after the first day of class are pro-rated at the following rate: 100% during 1st week, 75% during 2nd week, 50% during 3rd week, and 25% during 4th week.

Disability Policy
Statement of Philosophy
Thomas More College is committed to the accommodation of students with disabilities which reside within its residence hall system. Every possible step will be taken to meet the needs of any student with a disability as outlined in KRS 344.010 that is made known to the institution.

Policies and Procedures

  • Any resident having a disability requiring special consideration, set-up, or safety needs should report the need to the Residence Life Office on their housing application or directly by phone, in person or via e-mail. A note from the primary physician outlining the disability and the needed accommodations should be sent to the Residence Life Office before the start of the school year. This record will be kept in the Residence Life Office and a new form will be needed each year lived on campus.
  • The Residence Life Office will facilitate all possible housing accommodation requests including: room set-up, occupancy requests, permission to possess guide dogs, special equipment and other requests as made. The Residence Life Office will consult with the Department of Academic Support Services and the Dean of Students in making housing accommodations. Any student not satisfied with the response from the Residence Life Office may appeal the decision by following the appeals process located in the Student Handbook.
  • The Office of Residence will notify housing staff and the Department of Campus Safety of all reported residents needing assistance in the event of an emergency. During the hall opening meeting each semester, residents can notify the Residence Life Office of the type of assistance needed.